Tuesday, January 9, 2018

NEW Maybelline SuperStay Full Coverage 24 Hour Foundation: Review & Swatches

Finding a foundation that matches my skin tone is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. I’ve tested a wide variety of brands and formulas from high-end to drugstore and everything in-between without much luck. Currently I’m using MAC’s Studio Fix Foundation which I’ve been relying on since I started wearing liquid makeup. It isn’t an exact match and tends to oxidize (deepen/change color) but it is the closest I’ve come to not looking like an Oompa Loompa or Flaming red Cheeto.  

You can imagine how excited I was to try the new SuperStay Full Coverage Foundation by Maybelline. The shade selection is good and the level of concealment is amazing! If you have blemishes that need hiding, the rich liquid blends smoothly and camouflages like a dream. For a natural look and seamless finish don’t cake it on too heavy - less is definitely more. I don’t even need concealer, the foundation dries completely matte clinging to the skin to boost longevity.


I have combination skin (oily in the summer, dry in the winter) and although the formula does not provide a lot of hydration it still feels quite comfortable. If you have dry skin I suggest applying a generous dose of moisturizer first.

This is the kind of foundation that will hold-up on hot summer days and resist fading during perspiration, physical activity and humidity but it was difficult to find the right undertone. The closest shades to my complexion are probably 334 Warm Sun and 330 Caramel Toffee but after testing both I suspect that 320 Honey (lighter than both of these) may actually work better.


In the photos these bottles look very similar but the colors are quite different. On the color spectrum Warm Sun comes after Toffee but actually appears lighter with a golden undertone. At first it seemed like a decent match but after layering and allowing it to dry, the pigment deepened (perhaps a little too much) and developed an orange tinge which was too warm for me. Caramel Toffee also appears lighter when first applied but after drying the foundation darkens substantially and is much deeper than my complexion.


To find your perfect match swatch and wait until the liquid is completely dry for best accuracy. If you find a shade that works grab it because for just $14.99 it provides a flawless finish.

Maybelline is available at major drugstores nationwide

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...