Thursday, July 27, 2017

Foreo Espada Blue Light Acne Treatment Review

Nothing ruins a fun night out or an important event like a big, disgusting zit. We’ve all been there – gearing-up for a fun weekend trip, wedding, or date when a nasty breakout pops up to ruin your complexion. I spend a lot of time on my skin and use amazing products but excess oil, greasy food, pollution and bacteria are not the only factors that contribute to pimples. There are also hormonal fluctuations, genetics and clogged pores from makeup or various other substances you put on your face. You may never know what caused them but one thing is certain, blemishes suck!

Instead of hiding at home and sulking, it’s time to fight back with technology so advanced your pimple won’t know what hit it. My first line of defense (developed from much trial and error) is quite effective for complete zit annihilation and prevention.


Foreo (one of my go-to brands for all things skincare) has created the Espada Blue Light Acne Treatment with laser-precision targeting. The LED technology fires blue light into the pores to attack and terminate acne causing bacteria. Unlike similar devices on the market, Foreo has enhanced the light’s effectiveness and penetration even more by utilizing simultaneous sonic vibration to propel the beams even deeper.

The precision laser helps you zero-in on specific areas so you only treat the infected skin and prevent the spread of bacteria. The cycle takes just 30 seconds to complete with a built-in timer and the pulsations gradually intensify to stimulate microcirculation and skin renewal.


As soon as you feel the pain of a pesky pimple, begin treating the area right away. I find that the earlier you start, the faster the zit is exterminated with no blemish or mark left behind. If the pimple gets the better of you and pops up suddenly, use the device daily as needed. The Espada helps get rid of unsightly breakouts quickly and efficiently for clear, glowing skin and it is very easy to keep clean. Each charge lasts for 240 uses and the device comes with a USB charger and travel bag for $199.00.


The Espada is an amazing treatment but it works even better with overnight care. After using the blue light (usually in the evening) I apply an Acne Pimple Master Patch by Corsrx – the best topical spot treatment I’ve tried! My sister orders these for me online for about $6.00 per pack when she stocks up for herself and they work like magic! There is one sheet per pack with 24 clear patches in various sizes and I recommend leaving them on for as long as possible - overnight or at least 8 hours for best results. When I use these in combination with the Espada, my pimple is either completely gone in the morning or dramatically reduced in size and redness. The patches draw out and eliminate bacteria under the skin so effectively that I never leave town without packing them in my makeup bag.


Another very popular treatment is the Mario Badescu Drying Lotion ($17.00) which dries up pimples overnight as I get my beauty sleep. It also works on blackheads and whiteheads with a potent blend of salicylic acid, sulphur, zinc oxide and calamine which eliminates toxins, bacteria and impurities. The lotion smells very strong and medicinal - the kind of aroma that makes my eyes water. It actually reminds me of one of those muscle rubs but the scent does tend to fade as the formula dries and I’ve gotten used to it. The liquid settles in two layers but resist shaking the bottle because it is meant to be separated. You simply dip a cotton swap into the pink portion and lift it out for a nice coating. It dries on the skin like a clay mask and although it can be a bit difficult to rinse off, it works well.


Cleansing is a big part of keeping your skin blemish-free which is why I love my Foreo Luna. While traveling, I prefer to take my Foreo Luna Play ($49.00) to avoid losing the larger, more expensive model if my luggage gets lost (which has happened), plus the play is small enough to pop in your purse.


The device uses sonic vibrations to slough away dead cells, refine, brighten, deep clean and refresh for a smooth, healthy complexion. The silicone bristles also remove oil, makeup and dirt without harboring bacteria and you can simply pat them dry. The Play is not rechargeable like the others but it lasts up-to 100 uses.


Foreo is available at Sephora, Hudson’s Bay and online at foreo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...